Friday, April 1, 2011

March Stories

As the kids are getting bigger, more active and independent, we are all excited for warmer weather to come our way so we can enjoy some refreshing outside air and more room to run! We’ve had an exciting full month of play cafes, grandparents visit, trips to Shedd Aquarium, Kohl’s museum, park, library and Brookfield Zoo! Brett and I always talk about things that are coming up and now he asks ‘where are we going tomorrow?!’.

Brett and Bailey quotes

‘I have boogers in my ears!’

Brett has been more interested in numbers and letters. He’s frequently asking what’s your number (age) or letter (what letter does your name starts with). In discussing the ages of the family, I quizzed Brett and asked him how old mommy is. Without hesitation, he said 48! I said nope, guess again. He would not be swayed…he is certain that I am 48.

Bailey requests Daddy to sing songs after dinner. If he starts with the wrong song, she will say ‘no, no, no’ until he sings the one she wants.

I was thanking Brett for being patient and keeping Bailey company while I had to get our stuff together. He said ‘No thank YOU Mommy’

Bailey loves playing dolls, having a tea parties and baking cupcakes…and then she entertains herself for 20 minutes throwing a ball.

Brett came downstairs one morning with his Blackhawks jersey and hockey stick ready to play! He asked where Bailey’s hockey stick was…and then said we needed to get her a pink one.

Bailey finally has a little hair on top of her head, enough to give her a single pig-tail. I told Brett, ‘Look Bailey has a pig-tail.’ He said, ‘Bailey, say oink oink!’

Brett was pushing all sorts of buttons one morning. So I stopped for a second and took a breath. He said ‘Are you happy mommy?’ I said, ‘Yes, but I don’t like it when you talk back to me.’ He said ‘Ok, mommy I won’t talk forwards OR backwards to you!’

Bailey pointed to one of Rob’s tattoos and called them blocks.

Brett was following one of the kids for a toy he wanted. I said kind of without thinking, ‘Brett no stalking’. He said, ‘yes, I like stalking’

I got a little worried yesterday when I was changing Brett's diaper, I noticed something on his foot and it looked like it was bleeding. I asked him what happened and if his foot hurt but I couldn't get a straight answer. As I'm trying to look, he's kicking and flailing about. I couldn’t tell if it was a cut and there was a flap of skin hanging off or maybe somehow he stepped on a piece of glass…and then it fell off. It was a strawberry nutrigrain crumb.

Bailey continues to tease her daddy. Now it’s by grabbing his hand and biting his finger. She laughs hysterically when he says ouch!

Brett is being coming quite curious about things...at the zoo, Brett asked how dolphins sleep? Great question, Grandma Nancy and I were not sure. Grandma had to look it up and got back to him.

I vividly remember my dad telling me when I was younger to stop procrastinating when I was supposed to be going to bed. I remember thinking; I have no idea what procrastinating means! Now I feel his pain. Brett all of the sudden has sooo many questions to answer when saying goodnight. One time in particular, I kept trying to nicely cut him off and tell him it was time to go to sleep. I start down the stairs and he yells ‘WAIT MOMMY!’ I was so annoyed because I just put the girls down as well and I couldn’t believe he was yelling. Then he says, ‘I want to say I love you’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, has it really been almost 2 years since I’ve updated the Harman blog?! Rob has been not so subtly dropping hints that I have neglected ...