Thursday, May 6, 2010

Is it really May already?

I'm struggling to grasp the fact that it's May and in this month Bailey is 4 months old and Brett will be turning 2! Where does the time go?
Bailey had her 4 month appt and her doc said clearly she has no issues with growing! Bailey is now over 16lbs and in the 95th percentile for weight for girls her age....yes I said 95. She is still sleeping well through the night and the long crying fits are not nearly as often. She smiles and laughs but it's usually at Brett. Last night Brett and I were reading and Bailey thought it was hilarious for us to "Nay" like a horse. We got out Brett's old jumperoo and she seems to be a big fan of it!
Brett is almost 2. I feel like we just had his first birthday. While I'm in denial about how old he is, he is growing and changing daily! It's funny as he is becoming more verbal, I'm seeing how much he really does understand and take in. He used to growl (for truck) and shrug his shoulders meaning "where is his truck?". Now he is saying "white truck go?" I worked on colors with him for like a day or two and now his favorite thing is to name what color everything is. It's quite cute. He loves going to the library and looking at books. It's so nice that the library is 1/2 a block away, we go for evening walks there 3-4 times a week. I visited a friend for lunch last week at an elementary school. Not only was the room full of kid-size furniture and bright colors but Brett saw a fire truck (twice!), a school bus (multiple times), a white van, and then we were stopped by a train on the way home with 84 cars. He was yelling and pointing so much he was exhausted by the time we got home. Brett was in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow, has it really been almost 2 years since I’ve updated the Harman blog?! Rob has been not so subtly dropping hints that I have neglected ...